✗ Physical Self-Care
Friends we need to chat about how you take care of you! Today we are going to be focusing on your physical self-care. But, do not neglect your mental self-care either.
Physical self-care is what you do to take care of your body. If you take care of your body it will improve your mental health. When we think about improving our overall health we need to work on all of the body – Mind, inside of the body and the outside of the body
Spend the money for the things you use on your body and what you are put in your body:
- Haircare products
- Skincare products
- Comfy cloths
- Good shoes
● Drink lots and lots of water! I mean it you should be running to the bathroom all dang day!! Shot for half your body weight in ounces (take your body weight divided by half and bam there you go). Try drinking a little less caffeine or pop. If you are a big caffeine drinker just remember to drink more water, caffeine dehydrates the body.
● Eat food for your body – not for your eyes. I know that changing what we are used to eating can be hard but, your body will thank you for it. Your body needs protein, carbohydrates, good fats, fiber, vitamins, minerals, green veggies, less sugar, less saturated fats, less deep fried and processed food. Feed your body what it needs not just what we want to eat. Food prepping is a good way to have better food on hand, so that you don’t just devourer whats insight. Make fun but easy things like this easy southwest dump chicken bake.
● Get some sleep. Your sleep hygiene is so important! If you are tired how do you expect your body to perform at its peak potential?
● Get your body moving. Do a little Yoga (stretch) or go for a walk in the park. If its cold where you live, like it is right now for me, go to the gym and walk! When I say get your body moving I do not mean go run a marathon if that isn’t something you like to do.
● Take a long shower or bath. Maybe turn some music on, light a candle, and use a bath bomb.
● Get a massage, facial, or another type of SPA service that makes your soul happy.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used and you can read my full disclosure policy here.
Bellow are my suggestions and examples of products I like to use. This is just an example and I am not perfect with the products I use. But I do try to make a conscious choice when it comes to what I am using on my body and what I am putting into it.
Use what feels right to you, at the end of the day that is all that matters!
Skincare products- I personally like to use PCA and Avada products for my face. I struggle with acne and have tried a lot of different skincare routines and so far, this is the best one for me.
Morning- Avada Cleanser & PCA Blemish Bar
Night- PCA Facewash, Avada Cleanser, Neutrogena Effective and Gentle Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, and then PCA Blemish Bar.
Make up– I am not going to lie to you, I used to pay more attention to my make up, now I like it to be easy and quick!
Face- Jane Iredale PurePressedBase Mineral Foundation in Warm Silk ,Jane Iredale PurePressed Brozer in Peaches and Cream, Jane Iredale Active Light Under-eye Concealer in Light Yellow, Kat Von D Kitten Light Contour Duo,
Vitamins- I take a multivitamin and NutriDyn Vitamin D3 & K2 10,000 each morning (make sure to check with primary care physician before taking any supplements, what works for me might not be right for you)
At the end of the day friend, we only have one body so we need to take care of it!
※ Your Challenge: Do three things for your physical self-care this week.