✗ Easy Southwest Dump Chicken Bake
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used and you can read my full disclosure policy here.
Your girl is all about ease when it comes to cooking. I used to dread cooking! Now it is a fun hobby for me and my husband appreciates it. What attracted me to this recipe is that for 4 OZ of chicken and 1/2 cup of topping is about 220 Calories, It has 28g of protein, and only 1g of sugar!
I would like to start off by saying I did not create this recipe (I will have a link at the end to the original post for this recipe). I would like to share my thoughts about this recipe as well as how I made it a little easier since I am a bit lazy.
· 1 or 2lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I did 1.5lb)
· 1/2 of a 15 OZ can of black beans rinsed and drained
· 1 can 8.5 OZ corn rinsed and drained
· 1 can diced green chiles (4oz)
· 1/2 red bell pepper diced (You can also do a whole if you’d like)
· 1/4 cup cilantro (Stir in paste or fresh whatever you like more)
· 1 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded (or more if you like it cheesy!)
· 2 tsp Beau Monde seasoning/ gourmet blends
· 1/2 tsp cumin
· ½ tsp ground red pepper (if you like hot than i would do more red pepper)
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F
2. Wash chicken off and trim off fat. Place chicken in a casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken breasts.
4. Combine the corn, black beans, green chiles, red bell pepper, and cilantro into a mixing bowl, now mix away friends.
5. Spread the mixture over all the chicken. Spread the cheese over the top.
6. Bake at 375˚F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F.
7. Serve and enjoy!
⇢I like to put this recipe together and cover it in the morning so that it is ready to go when I get home from work.
⇢You can add or take away whatever you would like! that is the fun part about cooking! So if you don’t love red peppers don’t use them. Make it your own.
⇢You can have rice as a side or I like to do just do steamed veggies. Do whatever makes your heart happy friend! I also enjoy putting a little sour cream on top!
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! I would love to hear how you change it up or how you like it!
※Your Challenge: Try a new recipe!
P.S. WATCH FOR NEW POSTS
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
⇢ I found this recipe on The Pinning Mama– She has some amazing recipes! Go show her some love!!! I would highly recommend checking out her blog for more delicious food!
Nutrition Data Disclaimer: Macros are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is calculated using MyFitnessPal.com. To obtain accurate nutrition information in a given recipe, you are responsible to calculate the nutrition information using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutrition information provided is accurate and complete.